Friday, July 20, 2012

Vegan Bulgogi, Vegan Sushi and Vegan Fried Rice with The Vegg

I just have to say it... O.... M.... G!!!!  This was the most amazing meal that I've made in a long time.  Thanks to the Girlfriend, I made a vegan bulgogi with Lighlife Chicken Strips, carrots, mushrooms, sugar snap peas and a bed of romaine lettuce! 

I was just saying that I felt really unimaginative in the kitchen lately so I wasn't sure what was going to happen.  I started craving some ethnic foods and I knew that I wanted the bulgogi that the girl made.  I, also, wanted to compliment it with a fried rice but I knew that the fried rice contains egg.  Lucky for me, I purchased a package of the Vegg a few weeks ago but I have been a little intimidated to use it.  After contacting the Vegg for measurement break downs I decided that I was going to make Vegan Chicken Bulgogi, Fried Rice and Vegan Sushi for dinner. 

I started out by prepping all of my rice and veggies for the sushi and my rice for the fried rice.  I cut up my veggies for the rice and set aside.  In this rice I used peas, bean sprouts, ginger root, green onions and the Vegg!  Just 1 teaspoon of the Vegg mixed with 1/4 cup water yields about 3 -4 egg yolks.  Folks, this stuff is amazing!

I can't really give any sort of measurements because when I cook, I just improvise on how i'm feeling.  For the bulgogi sauce I used a soy mixture that included white wine and other items.  (I can't go into detail because it's not my recipe and I'd be killed if I would share it). 

However, the fried rice, is AMAZING!  I used all of the Vegg mixture that I prepared after I sauteed the veggies and rice.  I used brown rice for this recipe and stir fried it in a sesame oil.  Once this was added, it was a matter of stirring and adding spices. 

I plated the Bulgogi on a bed of lettuce with Mushrooms, carrots, sugar snap peas with a few pieces of sushi and fried rice. 

There was a ton leftover, even though the roommate and I pigged out.  So, my manager was supposed to be coming into town to finally meet me and I figured I'd be nice and bring her a care package... (we always talk about the sushi).  In her care package I put 2 vegan sushi rolls, a bed of lettuce and bulgogi and vegan fried rice wrapped in a romaine leaf.  Unfortunately, she was not able to make it down today so she will not be able to indulge.  However, I sent her a picture and she stated that it looked like it could be from a high end restaurant.  That's what I like! 

Presentation and taste... Quality, Love and Compassion!

This, if you haven't guessed, is a DEFINITE vegan YES and if you could try some you'd want to keep coming back for more! 

A side note... I'm kinda glad she didn't come down because now I get to relive this delicious meal for lunch!

What do you think?  High End?

10 out of 10 deliciousnessness!

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't kill you - maybe hurt you a little but never kill you. ;) <3 Good job, can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete