Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Vegan Spaghetti with 'Chicken' Garlic Cream Sauce

It's been a bit since I've written and there is a lot of catch up that I have to do and a lot of dishes that I have to share.  I'm going to start off with this dish that I created last evening and was delightfully surprised at the completed product.

As of late, I have been having a difficult time with my taste buds... Nothing sounds good or tastes good to me so I've just been making the same things again and again.  I tried creating something on Monday night and that turned out awful and it ended up in the garbage.  Every now and again, I do have a recipe that turns out garbage material and that just happened to be one of them.

I've been nursing my Niko boy back to health after his neuter and that has proven to be more difficult than anticipated.  Now, we are nursing an infection. 

Anyway, last night, after battling all day with myself that I really just didn't feel like eating anything, I decided that I was going to make a garlic cream sauce for either a pizza or for pasta; I'm getting a little tired of the normal red sauce (even though I do love a red sauce).

Well, I had pizza the other day so I decided I was going to use the leftover spaghetti from the failed project the night before.  First call to order was creating my garlic cream sauce.  I started to use a recipe but then decided that I was just going to wing it considering I make a mean vegan alfredo sauce and knew this couldn't be that much different.

First step was emmersing the lightlife chicken strips in no chicken chicken broth with 1 no chicken chicken boullion and let simmer for about 20 minutes. 

In a sauce pan, I added a few tablespoons of earth balance whipped spread and a little over 2 tablespoons of flour.  Melted those together and then added my So Delicious Non-Dairy Creamer, minced about 8 garlic cloves, added about 2 tablespoons of powdered garlic, a handful of "fresh from the garden" rosemary, dried basil, black pepper and a dash of sea salt.  For about 15 minutes, this mixture was heated up on medium heat and then added sliced white mushrooms, a handful of broccoli forets, the 'chicken' and chicken broth to the mixture and let cook on medium heat for about 20 more minutes, stirring often.  Once it was to my desired thickness, I added a heaping handful of the already cooked spaghetti and let warm for another 15 minutes, tossing often to get the sauce even throughout the pasta. 

I plated the dish with 2 slices of italian bread with a bit of whipped spread, topped with a few organic cherry tomatoes and dug in!

It was a masterpiece and I'm happy to say that I have a ton leftover!

Definitely 10 noodles in my book!

Vegan YES ALL THE WAY!

The rosemary definitely made this dish POP!

No comments:

Post a Comment