Monday, July 2, 2012

Black Bean and Boca over White Rice

It seems like I really love to eat spicy foods.

I'm the type of person that loves to go to the grocery store but sometimes I just don't feel like it.  This happened to be one of those days.  I was hungry beyond comprehension and just didn't know what to make.  So, I open up my freezer and see a package of Boca grounds and I started thinking that a taco would be good or a burrito or something like that would just be perfect. 

So, I decided to make a "chili" so I cut up some onion, diced some tomatoes, and added a can of black beans.  I let it simmer in water with Chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper and other yuumy spices.  Meanwhile I decided that I was going to make pico so I threw that together while deciding what type of Mexican feast I would be making.  I decided on white rice. 

I didn't feel like making quacamole so I used the avocado salad that I made last week.  Topped with diced tomatoes, onions, jalapeno peppers, black olives, "sour" cream and Daiya cheddar "cheese" 

It was the perfect dinner for what I was craving.  I had leftovers so I was able to make conies last night. 

Yuuuuummm!

                                                       10 beans a dancing on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment