Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fried "Chicken" Breast and "Chicken" Fingers

Oh, it's becoming that time of year again when all you want is comfort food.  I used to, thoroughly, enjoy cooking meals such as lasagna, Fettuccine, Beef Stew, Cottage Ham and Green Beans and a plethora of other comfort foods during the fall and winter months.  Now, there are a few things that I won't be able to indulge in if I keep up my mostly Vegan diet but most of the food, I can replicate in a vegan version.

I always crave fried chicken because it's just so darn good.  Walking around outside in the crisp air, I often get a scent of fried chicken and it almost kills me because it is so tempting.

Gardein Scallopini is perfect for making fried chicken and the chicken strips are perfect for making the chicken fingers. 

Dip each in a bit of flour then coconut milk and let rest for about 10 minutes and then re-dip in milk and bread crumbs.  Once this has been completed you are ready to fry it up.  Yummmy!  Be careful not to fry for too long since it's not actually chicken, it doesn't take long to fry.

For this meal, I made mashed potatoes, gravy and asparagus with Yellow and Summer Squash.  I added a touch of cinnamon, salt and pepper and perfection was on my plate. 

The no chicken chicken boullion with the no chicken chicken broth makes for a delightful gravy and a pinch of frest sage and fresh rosemary just takes it to the next level.

This is a meal that is tried and true and it's a perfect comfort food for those cool, fall nights.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment